Mold In The House

OLGA MAYAYEVA


EXIT KINGDOM REALTY

Fungus
Moldy leaves
Why is mold growing in my home? 
Fundamentally, mold is a perfectly natural part of our outside environment, helping to break down things like dead trees and old leaves. Indoors, however, mold growth should be avoided. Molds reproduce by means of tiny invisible spores that float through the air. When a mold spore lands on a surface that is wet or moist, that's when the growing begins. No molds can grow without water or moisture. 

Baby
Are there health risks? 
Molds produce allergens, irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances. Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash. Allergic reactions to mold are common. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people. If you have any health concerns regarding mold, make sure to contact your doctor. 

Sink
How do I get rid of mold? 
Since some molds are found floating around the air and in house dust, it is virtually impossible to get rid of all the mold in your home. Indoor mold growth should be prevented by controlling moisture inside the home. If you discover mold in your home, you must clean up the mold and fix the water problem. If you clean up the mold, but don't fix the water problem, chances are the mold problem will come back. To clean mold off hard surfaces use water and detergent, and dry completely. Absorbent materials such as ceiling tiles that are moldy should be replaced. 

Back to the Top 

Door
Back to the Top 

Straw
Back to the Top 

Trivia Block
Back to the Top 

 

EXIT KINGDOM REALTY | 68-56 Groton St. | Forest Hills | NY | 11375

Add user@domain.com to your safe senders list. Click here for directions

Agent Login    |    Powered by Onjax
Create Free Account or
Olga Mayayeva
By using our site, users agree
to the terms and privacy policy
Equal Housing Opportunity Realtor MLS
Sign-In or