Setting Up Your Selling Space
- Sweep and tidy the area and/or make sure your grass has been freshly mowed.
- Wash dirty items. People will pay more for something that is clean.
- Display your treasures in like categories, i.e.; kitchen stuff on one table; toys in one corner; music and videos in one box, etc.
- Keep smaller, more expensive items close by so you can keep your eye on them.
- If you are selling electrical appliances, have an outlet or long extension cord handy.
- Arrange tables and items so that traffic will flow naturally without bottlenecks.
- Make sure any items you don't want to sell are put away or out of sight.
The Big Day!
- Have lots of coins and small bills available to make change at least $20 worth.
- Don't leave your money unattended, better yet, wear a fanny pack or carpenter's apron to keep it with you.
- Only accept cash, unless you're willing to risk getting a bad check.
- Have plenty of bags and boxes available, plus old newspapers for packing breakables.
- Be prepared for buyers who want to bargain. If it's early in the morning, or you don't want to bargain, just say you think it's worth that price, or that you may lower the price later in the day if it doesn't sell.
- Don't allow strangers into your house unless, of course, it's an inside sale.
- To avoid any hassles later on, post a sign that says "All Sales Final".
- Have pleasant music playing softly in the background.
- Smile, sell and enjoy!
After the Sale
- Consider donating unsold items to charity. Some will even make pick ups.
- TAKE YOUR SIGNS DOWN! :)
This Stuff Sells!
Back to the Top
- Infant's & Children's Clothing
- Small Appliances
- Antiques & Collectibles
- Sporting & Camping Gear
- Books & Comic Books
- Music & Movies
- Dinnerware & Cookware
- Workshop & Garden Tools
EXIT KINGDOM REALTY | 68-56 Groton St. | Forest Hills | NY | 11375